Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24-- Photo x2

Last night I had a sleepover with Ben, Abby, and Emma after an afternoon of babysitting. Ben was nice enough to let me borrow his superhero bed (but he was mainly ok with it because he knew I'd leave him a note with stickers afterward)
This morning I was at MHS teaching a couple periods with Schlenks. The photo is of a few girls figuring out which negatives they want to print. Even though I always swore I would never be back at MHS, I am enjoying my job there. Its a lot of fun teaching aspiring photographers how to print their photos in a darkroom (plus I get to spend 2 days a week hanging out with Schlenker which is a ton of fun--and she lets me use the darkroom for my own projects which is quite nice).
I'm back at CSUN now, and getting ready to go to the photo class that I'm taking here. This morning Ben was asking me if I was coming back after I went to MHS today and he couldn't understand the fact that I was spending part of my day teaching a photo class and the other part learning in a photo class. I guess it is kind of confusing.

2 comments:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

Love the fact that you are getting to spend so much time with Teri, Jeff and your babies as you call them. They sure love you.... and that you are having so much fun doing what else you love to do, photography. Maybe you should explore another avenue with the job search and look towards something else in photography, or better yet, something with special needs kids in some aspect. You can tell that my mind is working overtime trying to think of ideas for you. Tell me to shut up if you want to!!! No, really, you seem to be having a ton of fun back at MHS in the dark room. I am happy that you have the opportunity, just wish you could find something closer to CSUN. Have a good day today. We have Jacquie and Clair here until tomorrow. They are off college hopping these next few days. So fun for me to have faces from back home here. Love you and miss you.

xoxo, mom

griffithzoo said...

abby, ben & emma loved getting their nana notes! the highlight of their day. thanks for staying the night! see you next week :)