Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15--My Very Own Chemical-Smelling Haven

Mondays are one of my favorite days of the week. Its one of the only days that I have barely nothing to do and can sleep in, make blueberry pancakes and spend the day catching up with the stuff that Tuesday-Sunday push aside.
One of the highlights of my Mondays is going to my photography class at 2:00. I get to spend anywhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours working in my own personal, chemical smelling haven. I'm telling you, there's nothing better than figuring out your image's perfect exposure time, projecting that favorite image onto a blank sheet of fiber paper and after agitating it through the developer, stop, and fixer, being able to see your perfectly constructed image that you worked so hard at getting just right. They say digital photography is going to out date darkroom photography, but all the darkroom photographers out there know that you can never get the same satisfaction from printing your image off a printer. You just can't.

2 comments:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

So fun that you are get to be back in the dark room. Who knows where all this photography experience is going to take you? How is the photo class at MHS going?

Unknown said...

great. it's very fun to be on the opposite side of the desks teaching someone else how to use a camera :)