Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 16---Winkler Family Reunion.


We headed up to Lancaster today to celebrate Grandma Grandma's 98th birthday.
All of our great aunts & uncles & cousins are in town so it ended up being one big family reunion.

Logan & I realized tonight that Grandma Grandma lived through the Great Depression as well as both World Wars & we've never heard any of her stories.

So, I looked at her and said, "Grandma Grandma, tell us about your life, where were you born?"
She looked at me strangely and said, "Well, geez I don't remember"

I think we're going to have to hear about her stories from Nana....

1 comment:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

Have fun with that.....Grandma used to tell fun stories. I loved to hear about those days, but did not appreciate them when I was a kid. She was the BEST grandma when we would go to her house, and she could make anything. It is very sad to me that her mind can't remember any of that. She used to remember things from the "old" days, but could not remember short term things. Guess it is all going now. Wonder what goes on in her head all day long????????? She will be very missed when that day comes. ♥ you grandma, and thanks for taking the time to go see her Meghan.