Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 16---Ryan Gosling & His Dead Man's Bones

Who would have ever thought Ryan Gosling would be in a band??? This glorious photo (that I sadly did not take, but really wish I had) is of Ryan Gosling and his new, 2 man band, Dead Man's Bones (myspace.com/ deadmansbones).
I got a phone call this week from Dee asking if I was able to take her daughter, Hope to a recording for her choir today. When I said I would do it I had no idea that the recording was for Ryan Gosling's new album (I wasn't even aware that he could sing)! Apparently he and Rachel McAdam's sister's boyfriend, Zach Shields have started a band with both of them on vocals and guitar. Hope's choir teacher has connections to his manager and when Dead Man's Bones was looking for a choir to sing on a few of the tracks of the upcoming album, Hope's choir landed the deal. Today we left for Hollywood and when we arrived at the recording studio we were sadly greeted by a woman letting us know that the recording was changed to next Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak my own photo next week....

If you're as curious as me to hear what his voice sounds like, here's a link to a cute ballad that he recorded on his own.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6W62b98wd4&feature=related

3 comments:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

Hope next week is a GO for you. Sounds like a fun adventure. Hey, I where is Monday's blog??? I expected to see a photo of you and Austen at her school. How did that go? Also forgot to ask you how registration went now that your hold was lifted???? Did all of that work out, hopefully you got the classes you need???? Let me know please.

love you much

Anonymous said...

FREAKING AWESOME!!! I'm sooooo jealous!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome. I didn't know he was in a band. What a "hot" photo you found!! I sure hope you get to see him.